Servers and Infrastructure
All of my own creations are deployed to AWS. Apps are dockerized and deployed using ECS, and static things (like this CV) get sent to S3 after build. I've previously used Heroku in production too. I also use chef a little, and I am uncomfortable without a good, straightforward CI pipeline.
Storing and Using Data
I'm good at writing more involved MySQL and Postgres queries to reduce the burden on the application layer. In Rails, I'm used to working with model-level caching and using rspec tests to ensure data qualtiy remains a priority.
Design and User Experience
APIs and External Data Sources
I'm really interested in Linked Data in society. I also enjoy working with which add new input and output methods to the web, like for creating voice and SMS based interfaces.
Software as Business
Outside of work, I am learning the Finnish language and regularly help with teaching.
- April 2017 Freska
- October 2016 Web Accessibility Meetup
- July 2016 Docker Migration
- May 2016 Helsinki City Run
- May 2016 Selkosanomat Interview in Finnish
- April 2016 Tomatobot
- Code and open source contributions are on GitHub
- Blogs and stories are on Medium
- Short observations and links are on Twitter